Friday, November 20, 2015

HRV, Neuro Emotional Technique, and Failure to Thrive

In my office, I test Heart Rate Variability on each patient. I find it to be a useful tool in testing their adaptability and how that changes over the course of their care. In these charts, you will notice a little white block. That indicates where the person falls on the scale. Ideally, we want them to be exactly on the center line and as high up the line as possible with both scores that you see on the upper right at 100 or higher. In a way, this is a great measure of someone's vitality. Chiropractic care, especially coupled with the tool of Neuro Emotional Technique and a healthy diet, seems to have an excellent effect on this measure.

This patient perplexed me however. As you can see in the next two charts, not only did she not improve under care... she actually got worse! Her top score (which is often what I explain to patients as their reserves to handle incoming stressors) went from a 32.95 to a 27.44. And she wasn't looking too great to start with! I have never seen anything like it. This patient was referred to me by family members concerned for her life. She is diabetic and has recently been put on dialysis.


Once I saw the second hrv score, I was concerned. Something had to change. And then the thought occurred to me... she is failing to thrive. Is she even ok being alive? So I tested her with the concept. And she wasn't.

We cleared her using the N.E.T. process and I am so excited to show you her new scan:

CHECK OUT THOSE SCORES! 105! I couldn't be happier for her.

No comments: