Monday, March 17, 2014

Real Food Recipe: Gluten-free Fish Sticks

Normally, I try to avoid "gluten-free" concoctions, but with all this talk of "Fish Fridays" and my recently increased training regimen, my runner's metabolism had me craving a childhood favorite:
Fish sticks!

Seeing as gluten and I don't get along and I really try to avoid packaged, prepared foods, I decided to make my own version and they were delicious! Here's the recipe:


  • Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a large baking sheet with a tablespoon of olive oil.
  • Cut 1 lb of Cod into 1 inch wide strips (or small chunks if you prefer nuggets).
  • Beat one egg and dip cod pieces in egg.  Put about a cup (more if necessary) of Gluten-free Panko on a plate and roll cod pieces in Panko. Make sure each piece is generously coated before carefully transferring to greased baking sheet. 
  • Season with salt, pepper, and old bay seasoning (if you're feeling adventurous) and bake until fish sticks begin to brown at edges.  Turn once during baking.


Let me know how yours turned out in the comments below and what condiments you prefer. I like hot sauce!

No comments: