Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A love letter to my Vitamix

I have to admit, it wasn't love at first sight. 

Initially, I just thought you were a really expensive blender.  Why would anyone pay that much for a blender??? But I misjudged you.  You are so much more.

Our love affair started as an experiment.  Let's see what all the fuss is about.  I used your cookbook, I made a smoothie, and I was enthralled with the rich, creamy texture that you somehow concocted of nothing but fruit.  How did you DO that???  The love affair grew steadily as I plowed through recipes.  Soups, nut butters, pesto, hummus made with zucchini, ice cream, milk shakes, cake batter...  And then, it happened.

I graduated to my first green smoothie.

I had tried this before, and the results were nothing but disastrous.  Mind you, my last attempt was in my misguided youth, utilizing a plain old 12-speed blender.  My "smoothie" resembled a chunky, partially digested salad and left much to be desired. Despite holding my nose and chugging as fast as I could, I couldn't even finish half.  To be completely blunt, it was disgusting, left me slightly nauseous, and I couldn't believe anyone would voluntarily consume such a thing.

With you, all of this changed.  With some pineapple (peeled, but uncored!), an orange (peeled), a quarter of a banana, and some ice, you took my lettuce, kale, and spinach, and transformed them into a luscious, creamy, smooth taste of heaven!  I have used you almost every day since, and every day, I love you more and more.  Thank you for coming into my life!  You have given me a new and exciting way to get my daily nutrition and I couldn't imagine life without you.




<3 p="">Me.






No comments: