Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Real Food Recipe: Simple Super Salad

This salad feeds 10-12 people (or three if you're me and using it as a meal). I suggest using fresh, organic, local ingredients whenever possible. It goes great with my cilantro lime dressing!

Fill a large salad bowl halfway with Spring Mix.
Then add the ingredients below and toss!
1 steamed beet, chopped
1 Tbsp raw sesame seeds
1/8 cup raw sunflower seeds
2Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 shredded carrot
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper
1 cup chopped cucumber (leave the skin on for extra nutritional value!)
1/2 pint of grape tomatoes
1 stalk celery with leaves, chopped
1 avocado, chopped (If you're not sure how to get into an avocado, click here)
Sea salt (I like this brand.) to taste

If you make this, let me know in the comments below! I'd also love to read some of your favorite salad additions. Jicama, steamed veggies, or sautéed mushrooms would also be great in this. And if you want to get simpler with the dressing, quality extra virgin olive oil, and vinegar or lemon juice with whatever seasoning you want works perfectly. I also left out any foods that are not approved for our cleanse, so after the cleanse, hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, fish, nuts, or feta and also great! Get creative! Salads don't have to be boring.

No comments: