- Feel free to get creative! This recipe is easily altered based on your tastes and preferences.
- Make sure the nuts you use are fresh and not rancid. If they taste bad, they probably are and will be bitter. Go for bulk bins or small bags and taste one before adding them to your batch!
- All of these ingredients were purchased at Wegman's. Look for them. They're there.
- Add ingredients in order listed and stir as you go.
- Buy organic when possible.
Grain-free Raw Granola
2 cups raw sliced almonds
1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup walnut pieces (I broke walnut halves into smaller pieces with my fingers)
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup chopped organic medjool dates (I chopped whole dates with pits for the best texture and flavor)
1/2 tsp ground cloves (or to taste)
1 tsp Celtic sea salt (optional)
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp melted extra virgin coconut oil
Serve over Greek yogurt, with fresh nut milk, or eat out of hand. When I made this at home, I added about 1/2 tsp cardamom which I highly recommend you try. It was delicious! Some other optional additions: goji berries or other dried fruit, cacao nibs, bee pollen (just a dash! This can be bitter!), fresh berries, other nuts and/or seeds.