Monday, April 29, 2013

A beautiful story of manifestation

As we were taking turns sharing our final thoughts at my seminar last week, a woman told this story.  I was really struck by its profundity and beauty, and I thought I'd share.


She loves dolphins, and since we were in on an island where the dolphins love to play, she was really hoping for a chance to swim with them.  She decided to head out for a swim during one of our lunch breaks. During this swim, she let her imagination run wild, picturing the dolphins swimming with her.  She swam and swam, and just relished the experience... a beautiful day, perfect temperature, relaxing swim, with the dolphins in her head, wishing their presence to become reality.

When she got back to shore, some people that she didn't know commented.

"That was incredible!"

"What?" she asked.

"You didn't see them?  There was a pod of dolphins swimming circles around you as you swam!"

I get chills.

And I was reminded of this story again today as I worked with a patient about manifesting the relationship she desires.

For me, this story is a reminder that what we often wish to be true already is. We just need to open our eyes and see it.  This story was especially poignant as I am currently reading Dr. Joe Dispenza's book, Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself which specifically addresses the act of manifesting.

There is no time. Everything we wish to be already is. Everything you wish to have is already yours.

Take a look at your life. Is there something you've been wishing for that you didn't realize you already have?