Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Savoring the human experience.

As an NET practitioner, I do my best to remain neutral on what I like to call "Spiritual Reality." This is the term I use to describe one's religious or spiritual beliefs.  What one believes tends to be such a personal topic that in the role of practitioner, I have chosen to see none of them as wrong or right.  Who am I to say what the true story is?

However, one commonly accepted spiritual attitude is that we have chosen the path we walk in this life in order to have the human experience.  And for the sake of this post, I am going to assume this is true (despite the MASSIVE assumption I make to go there) so I hope you bear with me.

This particular reality is based on the premise that as souls, energy, heavenly beings, or whatever form we are in before we enter this world, we lower our vibration to enter the physical world in order to have the HUMAN experience.  In this reality, these energies, being non-physical, would be unable to feel the drama of the human experience because they are above drama in general.  They don't feel human emotion.  Some have said that this is one of the many reasons Jesus and other Great Teachers came to earth... to have the human experience.  One of my mentors, Dr. Scott Walker (creator of NET), often reminds his students to "savor" the human drama.  It is running from this drama that truly causes pain.  Like a pair of Chinese finger cuffs, the more we fight against them, the tighter they keep us bound.

Instead of fighting these feelings, I invite you to EMBRACE them.  Treat them as one hungering for a human experience would... like a giant serving of the most delicious treat you could ever imagine.  When we embrace and savor these experiences, it's amazing how quickly they pass... I guess time flies when you're having fun?

Regardless, learning to embrace these challenging times will only make the good times that much sweeter.  This is the premise that NET is based on... truly FEELING what we're going through and relishing the experience...  When we run from the pain, we will never find a true resolution.  It is only by going through it that we can find the other side.

Have you ever run from your pain?  What happened?  Share it in the comments below...

No comments: