Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Healthy Product Review: Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta

Tinkyada 08435-3pack Tinkyada Shells Brown Rice Pasta - 3x16 oz.

First of all, this stuff is DELICIOUS.  This is probably one of the best gluten-free foods I've ever tried, and if you never told me it was gluten-free, I would be none the wiser.

This pasta is a great option for those who are trying to avoid gluten.  I'd like to add a disclaimer about gluten-free diets... It's not an excuse to just switch to gluten-free grains and keep avoiding protein and vegetables!  BUT, when you have an irresistible urge to chow down on some mac n' cheese, or are craving some buttered noodles, or are looking for the gluten equivalent of methadone, this is your answer!

Unlike most gluten-free pastas, these shells retain their shape, are tasty, and have a chewy texture that makes it nearly identical to traditional pasta.  I've never seen more accurate claims on a package!  These get my undeniable seal of approval, two thumbs up, kudos galore, A++, 5 gold stars, and whatever other way of proclaiming wonderfulness that you can come up with!  I've found them at Shoprite, Whole Foods, Basil Bandwagon, and Healthy Balance but I'm sure they're available at other stores as well. Good job Tinkyada!

2 comments:

Chef Willy Illas said...

Interesting. What did you cook it with/in?

Dr. Redmond said...

Since I was taste testing, I followed the package instructions and served them with a small pat of butter, salt, pepper, and a light sprinkling of high quality parmesan.