Monday, March 25, 2013

TGIM! (why Mondays aren't ALL bad)

Even I have a rough week sometimes.

It all started last Sunday when I learned my brother's skiing buddy was in an accident on the mountain, turning a 40-something father and multiple Ironman finisher into a quadriplegic.  Follow that with multiple fatal diagnoses hung over the heads of people I know and care about, a patient's husband dying due to medical mishaps, and a number of patients under my care struggling with big health decisions. Then, someone else I knew was in a horrible car accident (they're ok with the exception of a totaled vehicle and some whiplash, thank goodness!).  And if that wasn't enough for the Universe to throw my way, I blew out a tire, it won't stop snowing, I just started my cleanse...  whine, whine, whine. When it rains it pours. I started to wonder if I was cursed!  What kind of bad mojo did I step in?? And even worse, it seemed to be spreading!

But after some meditation, I decided to determine what this week might have been trying to teach me and here's what I came up with:

First of all, honor your body.  There's no way to deny that the stunt my brother's friend tried to pull was just plain careless.  I don't mean to downplay the tragedy, but we must live in a way that shows how much we honor and love LIFE!  Otherwise, we're not going to be able to enjoy it for very long.

Second, I am not in control.  To say it politely, STUFF HAPPENS.  And I'm not the one who gets to decide what happens when.  People are going to have health challenges. They are going to get sick. They're even going to die.  All I can do is let the healing flow through me... but if there's another plan aside from that person healing, I don't get a say. "We make plans and God laughs."  Who says my way is better?? That's pretty ridiculous when you think about it.  I guess my plan and God's plan simply aligned for a little while, but I guess I needed a reminder that I'm not the one FORGING the trail... I'm simply following it.

Third, I cannot stop spreading the message of Chiropractic Wellness. So many of these diagnoses could have been prevented with the proper care.  So many of these folks are victims of the medical system. I can't force anyone to take care of themselves, but the more people I educate, the better chance they have to choose the route that will lead to a better, healthier future.  Knowledge is power.  If they choose to go the medical route even AFTER they're aware of the alternative, that's on them. But if they don't even know there's even an option, and I don't share the truth, I wear their pain, suffering, and potential death on my shoulders.

Fourth, even when you do your best, something will inevitably go wrong. Dust yourself off, do what needs to be done, and move forward without giving the past a second glance.

SO THANK GOODNESS IT'S MONDAY!! I'm so glad for a chance to start fresh! 

Have a great week!

No comments: